These cookies are wonderful, easy to make, and store great. I’ve included the step by step instructions. Happy Baking!
Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Prep Time 20 min
- Total Time 50 min
- Servings 12
Nonstick cooking spray
1/2 cup applesauce or mashed banana (about 1 large)
1/2 cup natural almond or peanut butter (unsalted and unsweetened)
1/2 cup honey or raw coconut nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Step 1- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat two cookie sheets with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together applesauce or banana, nut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, milk powder, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Stir the oat mixture into the wet mixture until combined. Stir in dried cranberries and almonds.
- Step 2 – Using a ¼-cup measure, drop mounds of dough 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. With a thin metal or small plastic spatula dipped in water, flatten and spread each mound of dough to a 2¾-inch round, about ½ inch thick.
- Step 3 – Bake, one sheet at a time, for 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months; thaw before serving.
Finished Cookies. Enjoy!